Skip to main content

My Favorite Place

It's the coziest place to me. It has a unique and stylish interior filled with a warm and friendly atmosphere. My favorite place is called the Witches Brew. The Witches Brew is far from your typical coffee shop. When I first walked into witches brew the first thing that stroked me was the humble interior that doesn’t compare to any other coffee shopTo the left of me was a beautiful sofa, antique table and pianoIt is the best place to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee. It is the place where I find some time to myself and unleash my anxiety through my favorite cup of espresso flavored drink called "midnight". I visit the Witches Brew a lot more in the winter season to escape the cold. It is the perfect place to catch up with old friends and enjoy a hot drink and some delicious treats. 




Vocabulary
Interior-being or occurring inside something
Unleash-to free from or to let loose
Anxiety-fear or nervousness about what might happen
Coziest- cozy/comfortable, and warm
Atmosphere- Can have different meaning but in this post I used this word as "the particular way a place or situation makes you feel." 
Escape-To get away from a place
Antique- belonging to an earlier period, style, or fashion. old and often valuable






Grammar Point: Describing words/ Adjectives / Nouns.
 Adjectives describe nouns by giving some information about an object's size, shape, age, color, origin or material
Example. It's a big table. 

 Big is the adjective describing the size of the table.

Activity: Word Scramble 

Writing:
Create sentences using the new vocabulary words.Create one sentence for each words.
1.____________________________________________________________

2.____________________________________________________________

3.____________________________________________________________

4.____________________________________________________________

5.____________________________________________________________

6.____________________________________________________________

7.____________________________________________________________


Comments

  1. The drinks and desserts look amazing. I am so looking forward to trying them in the future.

    You are off to a good start in your entry. You need to (a) fill in the user-friendly definitions and
    (b) give a brief description of what adjectives do and a writing assignment for the grammar point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Witches Brew! You chose some good vocabulary words and I like your word scramble activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Witches Brew, too! I like the vocabulary words you chose, they are really fitting for this post and would be useful for students to describe the setting of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to the Witches Brew but it sounds like a relaxing place to hang out and drink some coffee. Nice vocabulary list! The word scramble was also a great idea to have students practice the vocabulary words.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving, as the name implies, is a time to give thanks for the things and people in our lives we appreciate. It is one the biggest Holidays celebrated in the United States.Traditionally most people include turkey at the table as well as other traditionally Thanksgiving favorites like mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and cornbread. In my family we all gather together at my house. My cousins and aunts and uncles all come to visit us. I usually bake some desserts and my mother cooks the turkey along with other traditional foods. Before we start eating dinner we go around the table and we all say what we are thankful for. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I get to spend time with my family and eat lots of delicious foods!  Grammar Point: Nouns, Pronouns and Verbs. Nouns are words that mean a person, place, or thing such as girl, United States,  or car.  Pronouns are words that stand in for nouns like she or his. Verbs are words that describe action, such as ru

Training a Puppy!

A young puppy is just like a baby. This does not mean they should be able to get away with things. Dogs should learn good manners and some obedience while they are puppies. Teaching them will always be easier while they're still young. Puppies like to chew on everything! But this does not mean it is okay for them to chew or bite on you! He will be chewing because he is getting new teeth, just like a human baby. When he tries to chew on you, give him toys and very large bones to chew on instead. When he 'bites' you, don't get mad, just have a bone or toy ready for him. Put it in his mouth and say, "Good boy!". As your puppy grows up, he will need to know who is in charge. Who is making the rules? A pup will make up his own rules if no one is telling him what the rules are. By 3-4 months old, you should plan on teaching him some fun commands and tricks. Be sure to make it fun! Don't be negative and discipline him too much. If you get frustrated, stop